May 28, 2012

Popcorn?



So, I just watched The Virgin Suicides for the very first time. 

I absolutely loved it. But I always wondered why I never cried when it was over, I mean I wanted to. I could feel the pain build up inside me ready to release but I suddenly come to a halt, feeling what the boys must of felt in the movie. 


The girls didn’t want sympathy. They didn’t want attention. They were just desperate for way out. The story leaves you with questions no one but the victims can answer. I think that is why I find suicide so interesting. I mean that is what suicide is a death with no answers. In murders, car crashes, natural causes you can sometimes get answers. However even with a note left after, you never really get an answer because it died with the victim. 

I love reading books or watching movies like The Virgin Suicides, because it actually makes you think. It makes you wonder into a world so disturbing and beautiful all at the same time, kind of like the Lisbon Sisters. 

"You're a stone fox." -Trip Fontaine {love that scene}

No comments:

Post a Comment